Carolina Global Photography Competition
2020-2021 Carolina Global Photography Retrospective
For two decades, the Carolina Global Photography Competition has showcased UNC’s global activities, educational opportunities, and research. In light of the travel restrictions resulting from COVID-19, UNC Global is not seeking submissions for the 2020-2021 cycle. Instead, judges are reflecting on the prior years’ photos and reviewing the competition archives–comprising thousands of submissions–to select and commemorate the most inspiring photos submitted since the competition began more than 20 years ago.
As in previous years, UNC Global will highlight diverse thematic areas and world regions through this curated selection of photography from students, faculty, staff and alumni.
The Carolina Global Photography Competition is a collaboration of the following UNC Departments and Centers:
- African Studies Center
- Carolina Asia Center
- Center for Middle East and Islamic Studies
- Center for European Studies
- Diplomat in Residence
- Center for Slavic, Eurasian and East European Studies
- Institute for the Study of the Americas
- Curriculum in Global Studies
- International Student and Scholar Services
- Study Abroad Office
- Global Partnership and Programs